Snapchat On Demand Geofilter Annual Plan + HOW TO
Did you hear? Now Snapchat gives marketers, businesses, personal brands, and pretty much anyone the option to purchase long term Geofilter plans. What are Long term Geofilter plans you ask? It was the ability to purchase an entire year at one specific location. The geofence must be at least 20,000.00 square feet similar to a regular geofilter purchase, PLUS these bonus benefits:
- Reporting and metrics
- The ability Change your Geofilter creative at any time
- A discounted price
Once purchased, these long term geofilters are non-refundable and since this is a annual plan, your purchase will automatically renew, and get this, the renewal price for a annual Geofilter may change after a year (it could go up, or down, no-one knows at this point). If the renewal price changes, you will be notified at the email address associated with your account prior to the annual renewal. Here are a few example of places and prices I thought would be genius to secure:
I also did the math for you, you’re welcome!
- Times Square Annual Plan: $12,408.28 USD/Year
(Compared to $241.65 USD per day = $88,202 a year)
- Welcome to Las Vegas Sign Annual Plan: $657.11 USD/Year
(Compared to $13.25 USD per day = $4,836 a year)
- Fort Point, San Francisco Annual Plan: $747.53 USD/Year
(Compared to $14.56 USD per day = $5,314 a year)
- Disneyland Main Street Annual Plan: $6,047.84 USD/Year
(Compared to $117.78 USD per day = $42,989 a year)
NOTE: I did not purchase these locations so I do not know if these areas are available, I merely just tried the target locations to get the price point. The above are for example proposes only.
So with my math, and by purchasing the annual plan for a location, I’ve calculated a savings of around 70% IF purchased yearly verses daily. I think that’s a pretty incredible savings if you have long term geofilters.
To access the extended Geofilter option:
- Upload your Geofilter image file as you normally would using the upload tool here. Once you have uploaded your file in Step 1 click the “Next” Button to Step 2.
- In step 2, click the box that says “BUY ANNUALLY”.
A “Long-Term Geofilters” pop up will appear, choose “Add to Order.” once completed, click the “Next” Button to Step 3.
- Step 3, draw your geofence. The cost of your Geofilter for the first year will appear in the top left corner.
- Lastly, acknowledge that you have read the terms and conditions for your purchase and then click ‘Submit.’
NOTE: Once you have submitted your extended Geofilter you will be unable to change your Geofence, dates, or times however you can swap your Filter design!
To swap your Filter, simply follow the steps below:
- Log in here.
- Click your username in the top right corner and select ‘My Geofilters.’
- Select the Geofilter with an annual plan whose Filter you’d like to swap.
- Click the ‘+’ button.
- Upload your new Filter and select the start date.
- Select ’Submit.’
NOTE: You can only have one Filter ‘In Review’ at a time. Once Snapchat has reviewed your Filter and the status has changed to ‘Approved’ or ‘Rejected,’ you can upload another Filter swap!
A year is a long commitment especially when non-refundable! However, I do believe this is an incredible opportunity to brand a product, person, business etc. I do love the idea of being able to change out the creative whenever you want. I also really like the idea of a 70% savings, but I guess it would be up to the individual to decide if the location is truly worth it. It’s a pretty good opportunity for a Geofilter broker to capitalize on, they’d buy the location and then resell it in months, weeks or hours as a third party business – interesting to think about right? Its like social media, you’ll be on rented land gaining the benefit of all those eyeballs at a significant savings. If you decide to go with a yearly plan, I would love to hear your thoughts.
If you’re not connected with me on Snapchat yet, send me a request. My username is ShaunAyala, — Snapchat you soon!
Want more Snapchat TIPS and ACTIONABLE TO-DOs? Subscribe and sign up for my FREE gift here, you will also stay up to date with the latest. Click here: bit.ly/1Lif0Aa
On snapchat? Scan the below Snapcode using the Snapchat app or click the link or image using your mobile device: http://www.Snapchat.com/add/shaunayala/