Marketing your interior design business can be a challenge, but with the right approach and strategies, you’ll be able to build your brand, reach new clients and showcase your unique style. Here are 6 tips to help you market your interior design business:
- Develop a strong brand: Your brand is your unique identity, and it’s what sets you apart from your competitors. Start by defining your target audience, and then develop a clear message and visual style. Your logo, website, social channels, and marketing materials should all be consistent and reflect your brand.
- Utilize social media: Social media is a powerful tool to build your brand and market your interior design business. Start with choosing a platform that your target audience is most active on, use video as much as you can to let your personality show, hate being on camera? that’s okay, write a blog post or use audio. Showcase your portfolio, share design tips, and most importantly engage with potential clients.
- Network with other professionals: Building relationships with other professionals in your industry, such as cabinetmakers, architects, contractors, relators and home stagers, can be a great way to generate referrals and new business. This is a relationship business. Attend industry events and participate in local trade organizations to meet new people.
- Create a portfolio: Create a portfolio that represents you, just because another person style is having success, it doesn’t mean you should copy what they are doing. Make sure your portfolio showcases your best work, and include before-and-after photos, testimonials from satisfied clients, and detailed descriptions of your design process. People want to feel comfortable with who they are working with, this is your opportunity to weed out the people that may not have a connection with you.
- Partner with Industry Showrooms: Partnering with local home improvement retailers or Manufactures can be a great way to reach new clients and showcase your skills. Leverage your skills and offer to host design workshops, provide in-store consultations, or collaborate on marketing campaigns like podcasts or Social Media content to build your brand and reach new audiences.
- Utilize email marketing: This is assuming you already have a website with a opt-in newsletter landing page. Email marketing is an effective way to reach current and potential clients. Remember, just because you have followers on Social media doesn’t mean you own their info. Social Media is rented land, if it was to disappear tomorrow, all your followers are gone, but your email list you’ll have forever. Use email to share design tips, announce promotions, special events, and promote your portfolio.
These are just a few strategies to think about that will allow you to effectively market your interior design business. At the end of the day, it begins with 1 person, 1 project and 1 positive recommendation at a time. Stay focused, consistent, creative, but most importantly, be you! I want to here from you, what strategies have you used to build you business that’s worth mentioning?
Marketing – Pacific Sales/Best Buy