Transforming your clients’ kitchen and bathroom into a connected smart space may seem overwhelming, but with proper planning and attention to detail, you can create a functional and efficient space that meets their specific needs. Here are 5 key factors to consider when exploring the possibilities of a smart kitchen and bathroom renovation/update:
- Identify your client’s needs and priorities – Start by identifying their needs and priorities for their kitchen and bathroom. Understanding that will help you create the tech solution that make sense for them. Ask yourself questions like, What do they need to make their daily routine more efficient? What types of connected technologies solutions can you incorporate to help their needs and priorities? Does your client want to focus on energy efficiency or automation? Answering these questions will help you prioritize the renovation plans and choose the right connected technologies for their space.
- Choose compatible technologies – When choosing connected technologies for your client’s home, make sure they are compatible with each other and with any other existing systems in the home. For example, if you want to install a smart thermostat in their bathroom to control the heated floors, make sure it is compatible with their existing heating and cooling system if applicable. Consider consulting with a integrated technology professional to ensure all technologies are compatible and will work together seamlessly.
- Create a comprehensive plan – Create a comprehensive plan for the renovation that includes all the technologies you want to incorporate, note how they will work together, and who will install them. This plan should also include a timeline and budget for the project for you clients to consider.
- Work with professionals – Connected technology renovations require expertise in several areas, including electrical work, plumbing, and technology integrators. Working with professionals who specialize in connected technology from upgrades to renovations will help ensure that everything is installed correctly and that your client’s new systems are fully integrated.
- Consider security and privacy – Connected technologies come with a lot of security and privacy concerns, so it is important to choose technologies with strong security features and take steps to protect your client’s personal information. You can always contact the manufacturer of the device for guidance and support. You can also partner with or consider consulting with a security professional to ensure that the systems you are planning to leverage are secure and that you are taking all necessary precautions to protect your client’s privacy.
These are 5 important factors to consider when exploring the possibilities of a smart kitchen and bathroom renovation/update. If you need some support, I do know a few people that can help from Technology integrators to Security support, don’t hesitate to reach out with questions. Comment below with who you are working with to help bring that connected integrated kitchen or bathroom to life for your clients. Recommendations are always great!
Kitchen & Bath Marketer – Pacific Sales/Best Buy